5/27/2009

Lazy Pazy Yellow Daisy: Reconnecting With Old Friends

I'm the kind of person who wants to have a million things going at once, but is more content to watch someone else do it. This is tragic. But I'm doing a little better nowadays. One thing I let go of was this blog. Another was my crafting and sewing. But I've started posting again, and even signed up for an Etsy. All I'm waiting for is my camera to come on and I'll be up and selling. I got the best username : WunderHaus. I'm so excited I snagged that up. More to come on that.

Last night I wrote a To-Do list. It took up an entire notebook page, two columns. I should get on that soon.

But that's not what I wanted to talk about. I want to talk about being lazy with friendships. I've moved around a lot. Switched schools, went to summer camps, did performances, and changed states, and I've met a lot of people. The problem is, I'm too lazy to keep in touch with them. Sometimes I worry that it may be a genetic hate for most company, but, honestly, at the time of meeting these new friends, I really enjoyed them. Maybe its a fear of rejection or commitment to a friendship. But mostly I'm just lazy.

I dream of being an "International Playgirl" to quote Gala Darling, but often I find myself not responding to emails, lacking visits, and all in all not knowing what to say to people who are not in my immediate life circle. That not to say that I'm anti-social, awkward, or lack a back stock of fun exciting stories. I just find it hard sometimes to keep up friendships long past.

However, as I approach my senior year of high school, I realize that its important to keep in touch with the people you actually like, because those numbers will shrink as we all part our separate ways. I think about going to college and losing touch with the people I've grown to love. The ones I hope I'll get off my ass and go visit in our uncertain future.

But in the midst of all the internal hub-bub there is a light. You see, recently a friend of mine from when I lived in Florida as a little girl (2nd and 3rd grade) got back in touch with me after two years of not hearing from each other. Little did he know, he became my saving grace from my little cave of a social circle. It was so amazing to find out that after all these years of not seeing each other, all the growing and changing, we can still have nice chats and relate to each other. It just goes to show that even thought I may not be buddy-buddy with a lot of people in my town, there are plenty of other people who I'd love to spend time with. Hey, in this day and age the world is small. In fact he may come visit me this summer. Its just a 12 hour drive. Not too bad, right?

So, Lovelies, I invite you to reconnect and reach across the globe. Lets open our eyes to the many people in this world. The vast number of people we can love and laugh with.

The world is much smaller than we think.









Words Of Exit: Who Killed Amanda Palmer? Someone please figure it out!

1 comment:

Pandasoppa said...

oh thank you wonderful baby darling! it makes me so happy! haha i did write in english like.. a year ago or two, but i think everyone just got ennoyed by my mix between english and swedish haha so i gave up.
how nice of you to even make the effort to use a translator, haha, you are fabolous!
i am gonna read your blog when i learn how to read, you have so much text in it,
kisses from agnes!!!