6/20/2007

An Undeniable Thrist To Pick Winkles

Winklepickers are a cruel mistress. They make your life Grimm and Horror-able. But before I dive deep into the underworld that is obscure footwear, let me give you the back story of my madness.

Ladies and Bloggers, may I direct your attention to : Joshua Von Grimm
[a.k.a. Joshua Third]


  • Guitarist for The Horrors
  • My new band boy crush
  • Beautiful
  • Wonderful taste in clothes, and especially, foot wear

So if you couldn't figure it out, I have this bad habit of dressing like the adorable guylinered, tight pants wearing, band boys that I have silly little girl crushes on.

[Hehe]
Enter exhibit B : The Horrors feet

As you can see, they are all clad in an array of stunning Winklepickers. Mr. Von Grimm in particular is sporting his infamous pair of white Chelsea boots, most likely purchased from Atomic Retro. But buying those isn't good enough for me, because, you see, the most astounding Gerard Way also sported a lovely pair of winklepickers :

So what did i come up with? Well since you asked...

I decided to go on a brave quest in search of white winklepicker boots with buckles and a zipper. My quest was long and hard. I searched through miles of eBay pages and shoe sites, only to come up empty handed! I was determined to have not just any ordinary winklepicker, they MUST be white!

Then alas! One night while hunting in the wicked forest that is Google Search I found these:

True,true, they are shown in black, but fear not young bloggers, for I can get them specially made in white leather! Oh Happy Day! So now I must sell my poor drum kit [which I never played anyway. Shame.] to get the money to buy these beauties. As I said before winklepickers are a cruel mistress, a cruel £ 57.9 [$115.33] mistress. But I guess it worth it because ....

.

.

.

.

.

Words of exit: I just don't like her anymore [WANT TO SHANK HER IN THE THROAT!]










18 comments:

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

that last tshirt is pretty sweet;)

Anonymous said...

*sniffs*
ok i was checking dilemmas blog to see if anyone even CARED about me anymore[and omg can u believe it? bitches didnt even say goodbye to me after i QUIT THE EFFING BAND] and i saw that u wanted me to leave u a comment.

i have a question about the title of this here post. when u say 'winkles', what EXACTLY are u talking about? because bert [u know, mccrackhead] used to call his...erm...MANLY PARTS winkles so i was just wondering if u got it from him.

Anonymous said...

sup hypnotic romance? i am absolutely FLATTERED that you think i'm a funny person. cuz sometimes when i crack my stupendously hip jokes, no one laughs. they're all just like 'ray, shut up and go play with your hair or somethin.' and DUUUUUDE that's so not fair, because gee could be say 'HAHAHA GREENBEANS' and everyone will like CRACK UP and be all 'OH MAH GAH GEE YOUR THE FUNNIEST MAN ALIVE'

fucking lead singers and their greenbeans.

Anonymous said...

hey ray, i laugh at your jokes... most of the time. but sometimes they confuses me a little bit. i think u would be more successful if u just told knock knock jokes like everyone else.

Anonymous said...

oh and ray...i like ur greenbeans better than gees.
*blushes*
dont tell the wife i told u though.

Hypnotic Romance said...

Nope, I don't wish to pick bert's manly bits. They're probly full of greenbeans. Has he heard of a bath !

Courtly Love said...

ahahaha. It looks like you got your wish Timmy!

'Winklepickers' is such a funny word. I'm laughing now just thinking about it, for real. That dude, Joshua Von Grimm, he has sweet hair. But no Horror's hair is sweeter than the Torosaurous'...[you know, just in case he's still here]

Anonymous said...

My hair brings all the boys to the yaaard, I could teach you, but I'd have to chaaarge. Hell yeah!

Oh and Frank...thanks, man. I....miss you. D;

Anonymous said...

timmy im srry i can't marry you(my wife jamia is too great i could never give her up excpet maybe for ray) but i will be ur bff.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Frank, sorry Timmy I can't always just forget my fiance. Sister, I'm not much a poet, but a criminal so really I don't think you'd like me very much if we got married even in the metaphorical sense. I'm writing this comment and wishing you well.
xoxo g

Courtly Love said...

Our mockery of teh p33t shall never die. NEVER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFtvPuR-E-Y
^when asked what turns him on, bob simply replies "slippers". That's the end of the tale of bob and the slipper fetish. But there was another interview that youtube took down[because it's a hoe] and it was him talking about his slippers. It's pathetic how much of a crush I have on him, to be quite honest.

Hypnotic Romance said...

You two are breaking my metaphorical heart, but I'll take the BFF consolation prize!
[Say no to metaphorical husbands, and YES! to BFFs!]
[Say no to p3t3 w3ntzz, and YES! to locks of Torosaurous hairlove!]

Hypnotic Romance said...

[greenbeans]

Courtly Love said...

Timmmmmy go look at my new post. You better sign up! I know where your blog AND your myspace reside, and I have about ten eager p33t fans ready to e-attack you if you don't...

Scared? You should be.

Anonymous said...

OH EM GEE NOT THE ANGRY PETE FANS!!!!
timmy do what she says i dont want u 2 die
8(

Courtly Love said...

I need your email so I can send you an invite! Or just use the link that I put in the post. I think that works too.

alexgirl said...

Winklepickers? That is awesome. And that guys hair is awesome. He reminds me of Robert Smith from The Cure.
your blog's awesome, btw.

avacattt said...

waah, I just bought some winkle pickers in black, and I lovelovelove The Horrors + Von Grimm.
- and I want that tshirt :3